It’s a good idea to have your brakes inspected every 20,000km or about once a year. A Swee Hing technician will conduct an inspection of the brake system’s linings and other key components and recommend services based on your vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations and the condition of the brake components that impact system performance.
If your brakes require service, our technicians will make sure that your brakes are serviced, and tell you whether a brake fluid exchange is due for your vehicle.
- It’s been over a year or 20,000 km since the last time your brakes were inspected
- You’re near or past the number of km your vehicle’s manufacturer recommends between brake fluid exchanges
- The brake warning light on your dashboard comes on and stays on
- You hear grinding or squealing when you apply the brakes
- Your vehicle pulls to one side when you apply the brakes
- Your vehicle requires longer distance to stop than it used to
- The brake pedal responds slowly and feels “spongy”
- The brake pedal goes to the floor and/or requires excess pressure